Pre-q5 from Cartec
Pre-q5 - Pre Amps & Di's
£595.00 exluding VAT
This product is available to hire at £30 per day. *
The CARTEC PRE-Q5 is a high quality transformer based microphone preamp for the API 500 series format that incorporates a passive inductor equalizer, and a balanced output attenuator. The filter circuit is identical to our EQP-1A, but with the extra gain stage and transformers required to create a high performance preamplifier. The output transformer is followed be a fully balanced stepped attenuator (constant impedance T-pad) to allow saturation of the output transformer while controlling the output level (allowing you to really drive the PRE-Q5 without clipping the next item in your signal chain). In combination with the High/Low frequency EQ, this gives the Pre a lot of tonal variety without any complicated circuitry or added phase distortion. Just a nice simple featured Preamp with a classic vibe. The Line level switch allows all of the features of be used both during tracking and mixing. you could send pre-recorded material to the EQ section or use the a combination of the EQ and transformer saturation to enhance synths or any existing sounds.
• 10 to 65 dB stepped gain ( line pad -25 dB )
• Mic or line level input, and switched bridged-T output attentuator
• Custom wound inductor and input/output transformers
• Pultec type low frequency boost @ 100, 60, or 30 hz
• Inductor high frequency boost @ 16, 12, or 8 Khz
• Twin gain stage design, including the passive Pultec filter circuit
• Relay switching, two discrete op-amps
* We charge a 4 day week, and a 12 day month. Hires can also be extended if required.